Port to another platforms

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:25 AM

Please ask questions about porting.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:29 AM

How much work would it take to get this running on a NS-K330 NAS? I believe it uses a CNS2132 (ECONA ARM9 processor) which seems similar to the Eddy-CPU specs.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/standalone-bittorrent-bt-client-usb-nas-ftp-samba-printer-upnp-sharing-network-lan-server-26320

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Depends on Linux application development environment.

If you have Linux application development environment (cross-compiler, library, and deployment tools to rewrite flash rom) for NS-K330 NAS, it is easy to port.
If you don't have development environment, you should consider how to get development environment first.

Note that it needs enough ROM and RAM space.

May 4, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Thanks for the reply hidaka.  I'm primarily a Windows user, but I do have Cygwin installed.  The NS-K330 has 250Mhz CPU w/ 32MB memory. 

There is an alternative f/w called Snake OS which is based on Linux kernel 2.6.16 which I'm hoping can host .NET Micro Framework for Linux. 

Coordinator
May 5, 2011 at 3:23 AM

My porting of .NET Micro Framework for Linux is a single thread Linux application.
So I believe Snake OS can support it.

May 5, 2011 at 5:53 AM
Edited May 10, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Thank you for your reply.  Excuse my ignorance, but does that mean I could take tinyclr.axf from your build and run it directly on Snake OS?

I know that a Debian chroot is available in Snake OS, would it be possible to create a tinyclr package using the shared Debian libraries?

Coordinator
May 21, 2011 at 8:28 AM

As I currently don't have Snake OS development Environment, I'm not sure.
See the documentation page, and please try to compile.